Friday, July 23, 2010

Ramona and the Red Shoes - 6

"I have a poster of him in my room." thought Ramona. "No .... I have 7 posters of him in my room. What a coincidence."

"A girl like you doesn't have to pay for her own ice cream." said Adrien Grody. He turned to the ice cream man. "Make it two."

The crowds were now in a state of hysteria and were snapping pictures.

"It's Ramona of the Red Shoes and Adrien Grody!" they tittered. "Get an autograph! Get a picture! Get something!"

"Let's get out of here." said Adrien. "Paparazzi give me the fidgets."

"Me too." said Ramona. "The flashes drive me absolutely bonkers. Thanks for the ice cream, by the way."

"Don't mention it." said Adrien. "From the moment I saw you I knew you were the kind of girl I wanted to buy ice cream for for the rest of my life. Damn! That ice cream man didn't put nearly enough sprinkles on yours."

"You're very bold, aren't you?"

"I'd have to be, wouldn't I, to get the attention of a girl like you? I'm sorry, I'm smoking, aren't I? Do you mind?"

"I revile it."

Adrien flung the cigarette stub down and extinguished it with his shoe.

"Step into my office." he said with a flourish, as he opened the studio door.

2 comments:

  1. How can I read this to the kids when there's swearing! Think of another word! Like, "phooey", "rickets", or "dadblastit"

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU can subsitute whatever word you feel like. It's not my fault, anyway. I wrote it as "dam' ", then Dana my editor changed it to be legit because she felt like it was weenie for him not to just say it.

    ReplyDelete