Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ramona and the Red Shoes - 4

"I don't know how you do it, Grody." said the director to "Hank".

"Do what, Sam?"

"Look these little hussies in the eye and pretend to take them seriously. Look at 'er! Off to the make-up dresser again. If I wanted a painted mannequin, I would have hired a department store dummy and an Avon lady."

"Aw, giver a break. It's her first big thing. You don't exactly learn to be Katherine Hepburn doing SoftSpread commercials."

Adrien Grody (for it was in fact, the dashing actor himself), removed his stage hat and lit a cigarette.

"I guess so." said Sam. "Say, is it true about you and Tammy Hunt? I saw it all over the tabloids last week. You two together?"

"Nah." said Adrien. "You oughtta know better than to read those things."

"Yeah yeah. I just kinda hoped ... you're a nice guy, Grody. You should get a girl. Might do you good. Nancy did me good."

"Thanks Sam. But I'm waiting for a girl with a soul, that's all."

"Ain't that the truth. Hey, when you find her, give me a holler, ok? I could use her for this picture. Maureen's giving me ulcers."

"Sure, Boss."

"And get that thing out of the studio! You know what the rules are with the fancy new get-ups."

"What, this?" Adrien held up the cigarette innocently. "All right all right, I'll go outside. Be back in 10."

No comments:

Post a Comment