Monday, May 23, 2011

All Good Things....

... must come to an end. That goes for meandering story times, too.

This post is to announce, officially, my intention to stop posting my Ramona story on this blog. It came about this way: I started my "Magic Beans" story as a mere amusement, and never expected it to be more than 5-10 pages long. As it turns out, I slowly came to the realization that I have really formed a bond with the two principal characters, and I wanted more for them than an off-the-cuff story time with no real plot. I have always dreamed of completing a manuscript, sending it in to a "real" publisher, and getting a legitimate, sure 'nuff rejection letter, to be framed and cherished forever (morbid, no?). It appears that the inspiration for my brilliant, under-appreciated children's novel has struck, in the form of a small girl and a large dog.

If you're curious, there IS a complete 1st manuscript of "Ramona and the Magic Beans" - but it lives in daily fear for its life because I have threatened to burn it to chalk so many times.

Writing for my new and hopefully improved second draft, now called "Frances and the Magic Beans" (I decided that I didn't want to crowd Ramona Quimby) has now commenced, but it will not, I am sorry to say, be posted on this blog for the public eye. All due apologies to the public eye. If you want to know how Frances and Stanley are doing, you can always send me a message, which may throw me into a fit of writing ... or depression, depending on the day.

As for this blog, I will probably continue to post on it very sporadically, whenever I feel like waxing eloquent, or waxing my moustache, or my cat... just kidding on those last two, I don't have a moustache or a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment